Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Totes

Mothers Day Totes

These are the bags I sewed for my mom and mother-in-law for Mothers Day this year. I still want to make one for myself, but none of my local fabric stores have the right woven interfacing and don't want to risk puckering if I use the wrong kind..

Mothers Day Totes

This is an Amy Butler Birdie Sling Tote pattern. Mom and I saw someone carrying a version of this bag in Paducah and I decided to challenge myself by making one from the pattern. The first one took me pretty much all day to make, but the second one was much faster.

Mothers Day Totes

I used fabrics I rummaged out of the remnant bin at Hancocks of Paducah, plus one from my stash for the lining on the orchid colored bag. It is hard to tell, but these are large bags and carry a lot of stuff. This is a good thing for my mother-in-law who carries EVERYTHING in her stuffed purse and then wonders why she gets shoulder pain...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great bags! Love the fabric.

TheTwistedPurl said...

Fantastic bags! I adore your blog. Thanks for posting the pics of all those quilts. Some of them were absolutely stunning.

Maria said...

Congratulations. I love your blog and this fabric. Wonderful bags.
Maria (Brasil)