Friday, October 16, 2009

Flirty Taco Chips

These are the flirty taco chips I stitched up for ritapizza in our Tea Towel Tour on Craftster. This is a pattern by Jacque Davis that she made available free in the Hoop Love group on Flickr. Get it HERE.

Taco Chips Embroidery

They are bathing in guacamole. I decided that if Rita doesn't like guacamole, then it is spinach dip. Rita reports that she does like guacamole so all is good! I used chain stitch throughout, except on the eyes and boys' faces. The chain stitch gives the ladies puffed up collagen lips which I like (in stitching, not in real life..)

Here in Chicagoland we have the best, most delicious corn chips ever in the history of taco chips. If you eat Tostitos, I am sorry for you. These are in every store in Chicagoland in big displays. They are so fresh they taste like they are right out of the fryer. They only have four ingredients: corn, lime, corn oil, and salt. They are made locally by El Ranchero. We call them "Chips-in-a-Green-Bag" at our house. I don't know if other people call them that, but it seems like when I say that everyone around here knows exactly the chips I refer to.


Interestingly, their price seems to fluctuate with the price of corn, but they are always a better price than commercial brands. My son is one of those kids who really likes very crunchy snacks. If we don't have green apples and Chips-in-a-Green-Bag in the house, I better get to the store quick!

4 comments:

Little Penpen said...

adorable taco chips!

irasema said...

Your embroidery is always lovely!

Ritapizza said...

the flirty taco chips you stitched are really really awesome! and I love guacamole! I make it fresh whenever I make tortillas! I wonder if we have those chips in a green bag locally around here? I want some now! thanks so much, Susie!!

IamSusie said...

Chips in a Green Bag are pretty much only here in Chicagoland, Midwest. Sometimes my brother sees them in Indianapolis. They are super duper fresh, so I doubt they would taste good after shipping all the way to California. We have sad avocados here and pathetic limes for most of the year, so you have that on us!